my first studio..how my doing

sideshot

:drunk:

well i'm trying to put together my first recording home studio..something compact and fairly simple..
just gots lots of equipment and could really use advice on just about everything..i know right !? lol
i'm figuring some things out but heres the run down on what i put together.
The PC
HP P6653
1 TB HD
Athlonll X2 250 (R) 3.0 GHz (65W)
?4000 MHz HyperTransport 3.0
?Socket AM3
AMD 785G chipset

Memory Installed 5 GB
Maximum allowed 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) (64-bit OS)

4 GB* (4 x 1 GB) (32-bit OS)

*Actual available memory may be less
Speed supported PC3-10600 MB/sec
Type 240 pin, DDR3

High Definition 8-channel audio
?ALC 888S-VD chipset

Guitar:
Line 6 usb gx interface
line 6 spider 4 120w
mk2 usb footpedal

Drums:
alesis usb studio drum kit
alesis trigger io
BFD(for now)

recording software:
sony acid music studio
Ableton live lite 7

i figured i start there and run with it..is my pc powerfull enough?
should be able to get some decent recordings to start with with this equip right?

i have an acoustic kit..there much harder to get right with triggers and mics than this usb studio set i have..and not midi..wich is what i'm going for..
plus the studio set takes up about half the room than my pearl all 100% birtch lacquer drum set ;)
i just bought my line 6 amp..its better than my old marshall lead head and better than the new mg half stacks..only pushes 2 x 10's and blows that marshall MG in half!..
orange is good but i could buy a new car for the same price..lol that and Mesa..
and i play mostly metal..
not much use for something that expensive just to get a good distortion out of it..seems like a big waste of money to me.
and the new line 6..with the gx interface..has 0 latency..all usb..
no boards, mixers, all that stuff stacked high..
i could mic everything and be done..but i want the ability that midi gives..that pure clean cut sound and smooth recording.
but i'm mainly trying to get on the right track for a decent price and must save space..:cool:

something i did notice..with the line 6 podfarm software..i have the tiny terror, peavy xxx, and several legendary amp tones that i can change at will..so basicly i already have all those amps..in one program..

Well I've just started also and I think I've done a pretty good job so I'll post that and you can see what I've got for my beginner and just mainly for a hobby studio.

My PC:
500GB HDD
8GB (All Used)
Windows 7 64Bit
2.7GHz Tri-Core CPU

Line 6 UX2 Interface
AKG K77 Heaphones (not the best)
Tascam Monitors
Korg Midi Keyboard
2 x Small condenser mics
Mic Stand
Mic Cables (obviously)

Guitar Stuff
VOX DA5
Marshall MG15 (Don't use anymore)
Epiphone SG
Epiphone Studio LP
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

What's your DAW? if you don't have one, go get reaper. $40, free to try forever!

Well I've just started also and I think I've done a pretty good job so I'll post that and you can see what I've got for my beginner and just mainly for a hobby studio.

My PC:
500GB HDD
8GB (All Used)
Windows 7 64Bit
2.7GHz Tri-Core CPU

Line 6 UX2 Interface
AKG K77 Heaphones (not the best)
Tascam Monitors
Korg Midi Keyboard
2 x Small condenser mics
Mic Stand
Mic Cables (obviously)

Guitar Stuff
VOX DA5
Marshall MG15 (Don't use anymore)
Epiphone SG
Epiphone Studio LP
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

nice! ya your in the same boat..just a nice compact (as much as a studio can be lol)
werd..thanx for chiming in dood;)
i got a
ep les paul ultra
84' cf martin with actives 24 fret
rg7 ibanez(7 string) 24 fret
ltd quilted mh100 24 fret
and the single gx interface from line 6..
yours is a 2 input right?
i should of spent the extra and got one of those but its just me, trackin one track at a time..

Yeah mine is a pretty small setup but I only plan on doing it as part of my hobby so when I'm not at work (which is rare), and with it being that the only room in house was my bedroom as all the others are used I don't have a lot of space. But yeah the UX2 has 2 XLR inputs and 2 1/4 Jack. It's a pretty good interface although I haven't had any others so can't really compare too much.

werd..i love line 6 man..imho..been playin for many years..that little single port gx does fantastic though..
well..it worked decent on my old pos pc so it should jam on this new one i just got ;)
ive pretty much had everyone else do my recording while i played in the band etc..so never really got to dig into it that much..now i'm working out the studio here on a 8x5 rug in the living room.
trying to get everything were i can at least do track at a time recording.
next phase i got to build a desk for all my stuff lol

Yeah I was toying with the idea of building my own desk cause all the ones I found weren't that suitable or the ones that were are very expensive, but for the time being I'm happy with my current one. As for Line 6 this is my first time using there stuff I've been more of a Marshall/Vox man when it comes to amps but I am liking the UX2

reeper huh? i'll give it a go why not eh?
i looked at it..looked alot like the sony acid or ableton live i'm using but if its good..its good..
never used it so i cant knock it before i try it ..:D
will it work good with the synths like ezdrummer etc with my alesis usb set good as well as guitar tracks?

Back