My first song on the mixing clinic

My first time to review (thanks to the reviews from the others here btw).

Nice song, like the others said, vox is a little buried (just a little), but its still very intelligible. I like the song.

You got some more?

Yeah,what everyone else said.
This song needs to be re-mixed to reach it's full potential.
Seems like a solid composition,good stuff!:cool:

exception13 said:
I have noticed some discussion in this thread about ditching T-Racks or cutting back on its use. I have used T-Racks on the first and only song I have posted on this board. What are the downsides to using T-Racks? What would be some of the better alternatives to T-Racks?

I was wondering the exact same thing. It's come to my attention that folks round here really don't care for T-racks that much. Anybody want to comment. I've always liked it a bit, but as you can see am not proficient with it. I always thought it gave it an analogue warmth not otherwise available.

Drums and bass - I think I need it too, finding the musicians (or the intruments) is the hard part.

This is really good!
You've already been told about compression...

Don't bring those vocals up too much. You have that beautiful vulnerable sound that works best when buried a little bit. My opinion anyway.

Great sound, feelings come across perfectly.

Voice up just a little.

Really liked it!!

GT

Right up my ally son.Great song!Totally dug the guitarwork.Someone mentioned stream of concousness type feeling...yea,Nice!I smell remix...Bring that vox UP!

I really liked that song. Its got some deep feeling in it. My compliments on your first post. I`m very impressed with your song.. all my stuff sounded like when you push a big red button on one of the toys in walmart that says "For 2 to 5 Years" :)

The vox is a little too far back in the mix and the guitars seem to stay near the same level all the way thru.

You asked for thoughts on any other instrumentation. I was hearing it played just like you did but on the start of the second verse , a real simple, but ultra-heavy drum kit, and that bass line you were playing on the melodic guitar played on a bass with a "strong growling killing you in the chest sound" kinda like a Bruford/Squire combo thingy. and then let them die to just whole notes on the last verse as it vamps out. 'hope you dont mind but thats where I was hearing it. :)

I don't have a problem with the compression .....

Compression is my new "bad habit". I would take the guitar you have panned at 12:00 and move it out of the way (left or right) so the vocal can come through. This probably won't be enough to bring the vocal out, so you'll probably have to bring it's volume up a bit too.

It also sounds like the background vocals are panned center. You may want to pan half of the bg vocals left and the other half right .... again to give the lead vox some room.

My biggest hang up has been giving lead vocals enough volume. I always tended to let them hang in the background - not unlike you've done in this tune. This board has taught me to be more "agressive" with the lead vox and it's really helped my mixes.

GET THE VOX OUT !!!!

Last, but not least, I have to agree with an earlier post that the song get's a little repetitive instrumentally. It's like staring at one object for too long - things start getting blurry. Possibly get a little more dynamic with the guitars (yes, you can use compression and still be dynamic).

Look forward to your remix.

BPOCO

yes, very nice tunage. bring up the mando some. and vox. very nice work here.

Back