My first song I have ever done with a full band!

Headline

This is the first thing I have ever done ever, and I want your feedback!

Attachments

• Breakdown_The_Breakdown_Song_converted.mp3
    7.7 MB · Views: 6
Very good for a first effort (or for a second effort, for that matter.) Regarding the drums first: The snare sounds very dull to me, and I don't really like the cymbal being panned front and center (like it thinks it's the star of the band, instead of the singer! Huh!) The panning of the toms were a bit distracting for my taste, they were hard panned both Left and Right, like you placed a tom on each side of the stage. I found the lead vocal to be a bit too dry, and the background vocals too wet - maybe put them all in same room with a moderate reverb setting. The song has good energy and performances, just needs a few mixing tweaks. Hope that helps.

Very good for a first effort (or for a second effort, for that matter.) Regarding the drums first: The snare sounds very dull to me, and I don't really like the cymbal being panned front and center (like it thinks it's the star of the band, instead of the singer! Huh!) The panning of the toms were a bit distracting for my taste, they were hard panned both Left and Right, like you placed a tom on each side of the stage. I found the lead vocal to be a bit too dry, and the background vocals too wet - maybe put them all in same room with a moderate reverb setting. The song has good energy and performances, just needs a few mixing tweaks. Hope that helps.

Edited it again, please see View attachment BRTEAKADKJOAWPTa.mp3

I listened to the second version. I thought it was good. The vocals were really good. The lead vocal gets a little buried in spots, but not bad.

Guitars sounded pretty good. Well played - really tight doubling. They were a bit on the fizzy side. Maybe a bit too much gain. But it's a personal taste thing.

Was there a bobbled note on the backing vocals at around 1:46? Something sounded a little amiss there.

Very tiny click around 2:47.

I liked the song.

Back