My First Room Treatment

John Sheehan

Although I am a new registered user to this forum I have been lurking in here for a while now. I want to get started with my first room treatment project.
room.png

So this is the space I am working with.
Walls A and B are exterior walls while C and D are interior walls
The room height is 96"
This is in a residence with other people that need to sleep and with my current job I mostly only get to work on my music at night and while I don't expect to be able to play drums at 10pm I would like to be able to listen to my work through monitors and not my headphones.

So heres the plan:
Interior walls A and B are currently thin hardboard with no drywall underneath. The plan is to remove the hardboard and stuff the framing with fiberglass and then cover them with 2 layers of 5/8" with Green Glue between.

I recently acquired more than enough 2" pyramid studio foam to cover all the walls and possibly the ceiling at an estate sale from a woman who's son had a studio. Picked up close to 400 sq ft. of the stuff for 45$. :D I have heard that it may make the room sound too dead. Any opinions?

I am either going to go the Superchunk method in the corners or the OC703 hollow cavity corner on the 4 corners of the room however as you can see in the picture the corner of walls C and D is very limited due to the doors. The closet door on wall D is 4" from the corner and the entry door on wall C is 3" from the corner. I'm not sure what to do with the limited space any recommendations?

Since it is a small space i may pick up a thick area rug for the floor as I have heard is drops highs in small spaces.

As for the OC703 I have heard Kamco has it for .95$ a sq ft for 2" anyone local NY have a experience getting it cheaper.

Anyways any feedback would be extremely helpful and thank you in advance

Back