My first post here in a long time. Comments would be very much appreciated.

Jim Soloway

I'm trying a bunch of experiments with my Tascam 788 to see if I can get some raw tracks that might be high enough sound quality to mix in a studio for a new CD.

I've never been happy with direct recording from an amp, but the Roland JC 90 has a stereo line out so I thought I'd give it a shot. This is entirely about the sound, not the performance at this point, and I thought this is the best guitar sound I've gotten so far. On the other hand, my ears are not exactly the most objective, so your comments would be appreciated. Please be as honest as possible.

Overall a good and almost natural sound for comming from a line out. If I looked for something to complain about it would be a lack of tonal balance on the guitar. With this kind of comping I like to hear every string evenly(compression). You bass note and the high e and b seems to overpower the rest of the chord. But keep in mind this is me really searching for something to complain about.

Jeff Patterson

Jim, I think I remember you from about 2 years ago? That guitar sound of yours is hard to forget. I also was away from here for quite some time.

Sweet music, man. I turned that up and just enjoyed. Sound great, maybe a hair too much bass, but that's probably my speakers. I think you have an excellent tone for that style.

Thanks for the input. One suggestion that was made to me elewhere was to lower the pickup on the bass side. I'm trying that now and I'll post another one later today.

The sound is definately smooth...
The bass though is definately is too prominent...but I believe overall very clean...
My speakers detect a slight hiss in ambient mode...but that may be me....
I definately believe you have something to go on here...

Yeah, pretty cool. I think if you trim some more low mids off of the bass, you'll be in good shape.

Nice post.

I thought it sounded good from my end. Great picking man..... I wish we had more talent like that around here, locally in my area I mean. Nice sit down and have a few brews with your friends music. I liked the tone, closed my eyes and could see the bass player. :cool:

The first thing i noticed was the static. Kinda noisy back there. Other than that is pretty good. I dont think the reverb on the guitar matches the reverb on the vocals. It makes the vocals sound a little out of place. I heard some clip distortion around 1:40 there.

Not bad at all with the playing and the singing though. I like it.

Danny

Back