My First Orchestral work

some very rich patches there. I like the mood you projected. I could almost hear a bouy out in the distant channel with the bell clankin as the wind starts pushin in some waves.

I love stuff like this. Man when you start doing movie soundtracks and stuff let me know.

Totally relaxing and ominous at the same time.

Your chords and voicing remind me very much of Holst's "The Planets"
Damn, I knew those 3 years as a music major weren't a complete waste.
Very nice. I'd love to hear more when your done.

Thank you guys for the favorable commits...i was afraid it sounded like third rate film music:( Its definitely going to get more complex before it gets any easier...oh well, i enjoy the challenge! The chord voicing follow elementary harmony rules and i tried to create colorful timbres with simple combinations. Being a rock musicians...ive found orchestral work to be liberating and gives me a giant pallete to work with. Its been a rewarding experience and as i finish part two ill post it here. Thanks again guys:)

Hi Scriabin,

That was very good - I like the delicacy of your approach and I think the instrumentation choices you make match your melodic and rhythmic purposes perfectly.

I love the percussion explosion around 1:30 leading into the reinforced string line. I also loved the high flute/piccolo sound doubling some of the wind earlier in the piece.

I am impressed, well done and get cracking on Parts II and III!

Thanks,

:) Q.

Very nice! I love this orchestral stuff. That percussion is perfect! Would like to hear the entire piece.

:)

Back