My first MP3 POST!!!!!!!!

Fender

Well. This is my first post on this site. The piece you are going to listen to is a world beat type piece, I played all the instruments except the Violin's. I did this with my Darla card. I use Cubase. I had some weird compression problem in sound forge. When I listen to it now it seems to be VERY OVER COMPRESSED. Well you'll here it for yourself. Please give all your comments, good and bad. The piece isn't that tight and it seems to have way too much high end when I listen to it on my computer speakers?? It must be because I monitor through crappy home stereo speakers?? Also I notice the MP3 sounds a lot tinier and makes the highhat sound awfull. They are canned drums, as you will probaly figure out.

Thank you for listening.

Adam.

Buena Vista, I'm impressed. How'd you mic that nylon guitar?
Nice work on that Electric Piano. Has that anything to do with your user name here?
I didn't hear any over-compressed sound or too much high-end on my 20/20s. For canned drums, you at least put some thought into the track to vary the sound throughout this 5:00 piece.

Thanks drstawl, for your comments. I'm glad to hear it sounds okay on your monitors. I usaed a AT4033 to mic the nylon and I did it in the bathroom! It added some nice warmth to the sound, then I went strait into my ART Tube MP and to the darla. I want to do a remex because I just got the Waves Native power pack plugins with ultra maximizer etc, On this mix I was just using crappy shareware pluging. Thanks for you reply, I'm hoping to put some more up soon.

Adam.

Great playin'...you had a real groove on.....I agree with the doc about the drums...they weren't monotonous...but I did hear (maybe it's just me) some noise at around 1:30 and again at 2:18 that sounded like a sustained cymbal or something, it just didn't sound like it belonged somehow...like I say, maybe it's just me and my comp speakers....the violins I could live without but again that's just me...everything else was so well done....

I loved the mix! That's my style of music. Good job on musicianship. The melody on the guitar was well defined and the drums and percussion had some good ring to it. Keep up the good work.

Wow! Sounds great. I like the mix, I especially like the sound of the bass guitar...well ok, I like the sound of everything, but I've got to ask you what you did for the bass.

Well, for the bass I used what I've read here on the site. I played the bass straight into a DI then to the ART Dual MP, and to the darla. I like it a lot better than the whole amp thing. Glad you liked it!

Thanks.

Adam.

Thank you very much for your comments! I actually think I'm going to get rid of the violins and replace them with something else. Check this thread soon because I'm hoping to post another song I'm working on with lots of vocals. I need desperate help with this one!!

Thanks alot.

Adam.

Cool!!! The only thing I would have to say is that the lead guitar sounded a little harsh or hollow when there were few intruments playing, but when everything kicked in, it had a better blend. Love the tune though.

Back