my first mix to get airplay

pcstudios

I'm a banjo player, amateur home studio guy, and part of Ashley Lewis and Legacy, a bluegrass band from Illinois. We've been working on some covers and this is one of them, Jon Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name." We collaborated online with each other, swapping files for about 6 months or so. We released this one and it's on the bluegrass charts already and climbing.

There are some obvious noises I failed to get out. The very beginning vocal intro has some noise. And there's a click from the acoustic bass I couldn't get out later on in the song. But I'm pretty happy with the results. I did post a rough mix earlier on here on the forum. But this is the final master here.

You Give Love A Bad Name by Doug Knecht | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Snowman999

It sounds good. I hated Bon Jovi's original. So, the song choice isn't for me. But, as a band you folks sound really good.

endlessrain

Amazing track! Great singer... Loved the creativity of this cover. Would love to hear more from you and your band! The only thing I didn't like was the very short distorted electric guitar solo panned left towards the end of the song - the tone sounded somewhat thin and harsh maybe? I could be wrong though.

pcstudios

I totally agree with you and I hear that now. I've never ever worked with electric guitar before, and really didn't have any business mixing that instrument. Thanks for the good insight!