my first ever recording

I hate to see anyone go by without some kind of feedback, so here goes:

It sounded like they were all playing a different song. The keyboard player was playing a blues scale compared to everyone else, who were playing something different. The drum machine needs some life or something it just sounded flat and dull. The guitars need to come up a bit and they need to work on their timing. The recording sounded pretty good for a first go but like I said it seemed like something was missing. No bass and everything sounded mono like the whole "band" was standing in the same spot. Maybe some of the pros here can give you some more advice.

Dennis

----------------------------------------
Displaimer: I have no clue what I'm talking about...

Tried to listen, but....

"This users account has been disabled for violating terms of service.

If you feel you are getting this message in error, please contact an administrator."

travis

Actually I thought some of the organ stuff was pretty good. OK some of it drifted. But it wasn't all bad. S/he sounded like a pretty good player.

It seemed that the players had a bit of a difficult time playing to the drum track. At times things wavered.

Recording quality wasn't too bad. The guit that came in at about 1:37 was a bit soft. It got covered up in spots. Pretty well played though.

This probably what you can expect more often than not in a first take. Have'em do a bunch more and they'll get a tighter performance.

wtf is up with that??? they canceled my account? fucking thats a pain in the ass. i took time to create a seperate email account cuz they dont accept my hotmail one, i waited like 10 minutes to upload a song and then they cancel the account? wtf is going on?

Back