My First Ambient/Stadium Rock Attempt--Feedback?

Auralaxiom

Hey all, as always I'm looking to stretch myself as a composer. I started this piece as a brief section in a documentary score I'm writing for a client, but I decided to adapt it to a library piece since they seem to dig this kind of stuff.

I'll admit this kind of stuff is definitely out of my comfort zone. Any feedback you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/auralaxiom/dare-to-live

Ambient Stadium Rock? Hmmm... is that what Coldplay is? It sounds more more ambient to me, and I definitely hear at as a film score. I kept waiting for some big drums and soaring guitars, but I don't have the context of what's on the screen at the time in the film.

I think the mix sounds good, again without the context to guide what should/could be emphasized.

J

Ambient Stadium Rock? Hmmm... is that what Coldplay is? It sounds more more ambient to me, and I definitely hear at as a film score. I kept waiting for some big drums and soaring guitars, but I don't have the context of what's on the screen at the time in the film.

I think the mix sounds good, again without the context to guide what should/could be emphasized.

J

Imma guess you didn't listen to the whole thing :p

Back