My First Acoustic Mix Ever...go on, rip into me! =)

ALaz502

Give me some honest feedback. We're in the middle of recording this song and I'd like to hear some opinions from people that have been doing this for a while.

This is my first time recording anything that isn't in your face blasting metal. I've never recorded acoustic guitar, or keyboards before.

The song isn't finished by any means...and as you can tell, I'm not the greatest of bass players. =)

Ok I have plenty of time right now so I'm going give you several tips.
What kind of microphone did you use on that guitar, you captured it pretty well. Your kick and toms might be a bit high and drowns out your electric guitar and bass. On your equalizer, cut some of the lows on the toms and kick. Add some mids to the bass and turn it up a bit.

Tell me if it works.

i'll leave the mixtips to the pros on this one cuz ,,well frankly i suck at recording.

but that ending riff is super bitchin.!!.

kudos

Basically what MHB said: The drums are more than a little loud for the rest of the instrumentation.
The bass needs definition & a tweak of the drums downward & bass up may solve that prob - other wise you'll need to carve out some space in the EQ for it( & , of course, a boost at 3Khz does amazing things for a bass' space).
Good song, nice riffs & playing just some tweaking to do - Oh, & the ending - too sudden.

Last edited:
myhatbroke said:
Ok I have plenty of time right now so I'm going give you several tips.
What kind of microphone did you use on that guitar, you captured it pretty well. Your kick and toms might be a bit high and drowns out your electric guitar and bass. On your equalizer, cut some of the lows on the toms and kick. Add some mids to the bass and turn it up a bit.

Tell me if it works.

I used a cheapo Studio Projects B1 through a cheapo behringer preamp...ugh, but it does the trick for now.

Back