My emotional slow acoustic tune...>XDD33

strat0tele

Manburger - In Search of the Answer

I think I "borrowed" a little too much from Pink Floyd on this song.

Suggestions? I keep thinking I should increase the keyboard levels, but I think maybe having it in the background adds to the small change in mood it makes in the tune.

You need to turn up the vocals a bit more. When it came on, I adjusted my volume knob. Though the singer & backup singer (maybe you? I don't like to sound harsh) has some pitch errors. :/

You're right, it is very Floyd-like, especially the pre-chorus, I think.

Besides the vocals, I'm not sure I like the panning arrangement. The drums are mostly on the right site, and they keyboard mostly left. It's the drums being mostly right that bug me the most, most people expect to hear a full range of drums... Unless you're going for that early 60's drum panning effect. ;)

Same here.

Can't hear the vocals as well as the instruments but when I turned it up some, the vocal harmony (2nd voice) is obviously off at times.

I know my singing is off. I really need to redo the vocals to all my songs. I hate my voice and my lack of skill as a singer. I got sick of panning my mono drums from the drum machine center so I figured I would put it to a side.

Sage- what do you mean you can't hear the instruments?

strat0tele said:
I know my singing is off. I really need to redo the vocals to all my songs. I hate my voice and my lack of skill as a singer. I got sick of panning my mono drums from the drum machine center so I figured I would put it to a side.

Sage- what do you mean you can't hear the instruments?
Sorry. I meant that I couldn't hear the vocals very well. The instruments sound fine. As far as the singing goes, "Constant correct practice makes perfect."

Don't give up.

Back