My Dw Midnight Glass Kit !!!

thnx guys for the "positive re-enforcement"! I am actually having problems with the 10" tom. I am taking it buy West La Music tmrw to see wat they say about it. I have played on a number of DW 10" toms, and they all have the ability to resonate longer than mine, and yes, i am pretty close to an expert tuner, but it might be that i have never heard a DW kit in this big room, which happens to have a tall, valted ceiling and is fully carpeted. I have a coated amb on it with the stock DW reso. And yes, i will have an mp3 soon. And, i think i was wrong, i know i started playing when i was 8 because i got my CB kit for my 8th b-day, so i played about a year before Mer De Noms i think!

dont ask! The first time i went into snuffy's studio, i didnt know wat he had. I thought it was a little, baby studio, so i took my sm57, and i left it there. In my hardware case. next time i go, i will pick it up

very sweeeeet....if you get tired of them and want to give away i'm sure you could find a taker here! ;)

Hey. . . before taking it in to someone, get rid of those stock heads. Seriously! Also you mght undo the bottom and make sure it is seated properly.

Lastly, try a new head. I have gotten "dud" heads that no matter what i did to them, they just wouldn't resonate properly.

After trying all that, take it in. Unless its free to take it in. Then disregard all I said. hehe

Beez

Yeah I second what Beezoboy said.

Pretty nice kit you have there! A new DW...or new Custom Kit, is on my list on "my big things to buy" Along with my new guitar/stack, a G5, more recording gear, a (roughly)60's Caddy...and many other things! :D

What are you playing for cymbols?

Beezoboy said:
Hey. . . before taking it in to someone, get rid of those stock heads. Seriously! Also you mght undo the bottom and make sure it is seated properly.

Lastly, try a new head. I have gotten "dud" heads that no matter what i did to them, they just wouldn't resonate properly.

After trying all that, take it in. Unless its free to take it in. Then disregard all I said. hehe

Beez

u dont even know. I am an expert tuner. I have tried many differnt heads on the tom. It is dead. DW is already making me a new kit because they also make the 18 vlt, which i didnt want.

Back