My Dilemna

Gabriel_0

Ok here's my problem. I play through 2 different setups. My 1st is a Fernandez Elite, going through a GT-8 running into a Fender 410 Deville. My other setup is a Godin xsTA running through a GR-20 and a Zoom G2 going through a Fender Tweed Hot Rod Deluxe. We started to do some live recordings with the band and I noticed that I'm continually getting a slight but very distinct humming sound in the recordings. We use one mic (a shure 58) set in the midle of the room for our recordings (just rough stuff, not for a demo or anything). Now I'm the only one that's getting this humming sound through BOTH setups. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. I need to get rid of this mud sound once and for all.

have you gone through a process of elimination?

1 is the hum present only in the recording, or is it audible through the amp?

2 if the hum is audible only in the recording, can you be sure that your amp (whichever set up you use) is causing it?

3 is your amp connected to the same power supply as the recording sustem, or is it maybe plugged into an outlet in another part of the room? If the latter, try and plug into the same source as the recorded. This could eliminate a ground loop hum.

4 how disturbing is the hum? Guitar amps are not the quietest of animals, but if you have a good signal coming through, the noise should be acceptable as part of the whole deal.

Back