My collection of questions so i don't have to keep posting threads

Shanelor

I have ordered the following,

TASCAM US-1641 USB Audio Interface hands-on review at Musician's Friend | Musician's Friend

I sold my Presonus TubePre Preamp because that interface has PreAmps built in, was i wrong to do that? Or did i need the external preamp for some reason?

GLS Audio ES-57 ES57 Pro Mic Instr. Microphone P#37-206 - eBay (item 390205145965 end time Jan-30-11 15:38:34 PST)

Can anyone direct me to what i would need to hook that mic up to my snare, it says it comes with clip, what else would i need, (my drum rims are pretty big 2.3mm powerhoops) I recorded at someone elses studio once and the mics wouldnt clamp on because my rims were too big,) Is the clip all i would need or do i need to buy some sort of mount with a flexible neck, etc? And does anyone know exactly what i would need? I need to order off of ebay ASAP.

TRIPOD BOOM MICROPHONE MIC STAND W/ CLIPS NEW - eBay (item 250699925785 end time Feb-17-11 12:40:12 PST)

I bought 2 of these and

GET 2 NEW CAD CM217 Condenser Drum Mics with Mic Clips - eBay (item 350431712666 end time Feb-14-11 17:34:47 PST)

2 of these

is all i need for those the clips as well? or do i also need to buy something extra to hook the mics onto the boom stand?

So now all i need is a Bass drum mic and a miniature boom stand for that and i think i'll have everything i need!

Also, would an AT4040 work as a bass drum mic or is that just for vocals?

I realize these questions are horribly structured and idiotic, i apologize for that.

Bass Drum? kick or floor?
Kick I would use a Sennheiser e602

I'm going to go ahead (for now) and go with the 2 overheads, kick, and snare set-up. If i have to i'll purchase 2 more of those SM57 clones for the toms, i hear they are just as good if not better than shure sm57s.

But yeah, i need a kick drum mic, i cant really afford to pay $160 for a mic right now like the sennheiser

Is there any cheaper ones that sound almost as good that you know of?

I like my bass drums to sound really punchy, im sure you can get pretty much any sound from EQing properly out of any mic, right?

I have $45 left to spend on whatever i need for the snare mic, and a couple XLR cables.

And then i'm gong to cross the kick drum mic bridge when i get to it..

Look on evilbay or your local criags list. I'm sure that you'll come across a used kick drum microphone.

Good luck Shanelor.

Somewhere on here is a tread about using a condenser (the AT4040 is a condenser) to mic kick drum. You should be able to find it from words in my first sentence. Good luck.

Somewhere on here is a tread about using a condenser (AT4040 the AT4040 is a condenser) to mic kick drum. You should be able to find it from words in my first sentence. Good luck.

I just found the thread, thanks!

They say it will work temporarily, but i should probably invest in a good bass drum mic soon, i will try it out with the at4040 though, cant wait til all this crap comes in the mail.

I'm notsure but you may want to keep the mic back abit from the kick and not right in it like you would with a mic designed for kick.

Back