my CEP crashes when......

Wonder

.....i click the record botton in multi track mode. what i'm tring to do is record a vocal track on one track with an imported music track on another track....but i can't even get that far because as soon as i click on the record button CEP crashed and that annoying "this progam has profoemed an illigal funtion" message....what is causing this problem....is it windows 95 that i'm using.???:confused:

What is the exact error? Is it kernel32.dll ? Is it something else. You might look into upgrading or changing your Direct X, but I would probably think about upgrading form Win95 also.
MIKE

Do you have a Full-Duplex sound card?..If not it may be crashing while trying to playback and record simultaneously..I had the same problem with Acid 2.0 back in the day before I knew anything about audio recording, sound cards, etc...If you don't have a full duplex sound card and you want to pick one up for next to nothing get a Soundblaster 16PCI at you local Wal-Mart for about $30..they work well for the cost

I had the same problem even though I had a Soundblaster card all i Did was put more memory in and got a bigger hard drive ever since I have no problem whatsoever. Ive been able to record up 10 tracks at a time with 3 as playback and it hasn't crashed. Try looking in to these fields as well. Good luck.

Back