My Buddy Asked Me to Mangle His Song

Todzilla

He lays down this beautiful acoustic guitar and lead vocal, then pushes me to take this song to the edge and shove it over.

So, I put down some Bjorkesque stutter drums, grinding sawtooth synth with high chirps, excessive backup vocals, funky bass from my cheap Ibanez, carefully dropped chains onto a wooden floor, tambourine, tons of drenchy Fleet Fox reverb on the chorus and here's what I got:

I welcome all feedback.

Cheers.

I think it's pretty good, but maybe get rid of a few of the noises going on. Can't even hear the acoustic guitars. Good stuff :P

I like teh breakdown at 2:00 - the way it comes back in is pretty cool too - I like it - some of that bass gets a little too much at times - not sure how I would change it tho

I actually like it quite a bit. Personally I would kick the drums up a notch when you come back from the break at 2:00, I think it would keep things interesting. Just me.

quick question, how did you accomplish the sound of the chain(?) going from very deep to high. You sort of use it as a transition throughout the song. Is this just pitch shifting? Or something else going on?

Back