My Blue Blue Bird took a shit on me today.

fuzzsniffvoyage

Just like the title says.

I checked the phantom power,

I checked the cable.

I checked the 2nd cable.

I checked the connection in to a different in in my US-1800.

Checked cables with a different mic.

Oh well, that microphone only sounded mediorcre on acoustic guitars and sucked ass on my voice.

Time to get a new vocal mic.

My AKG 414 sounds great on acoustics and decent on my voice, but I've been using either a SM 57 or 58, or the 414. I like the dynamic mic better for my voice.

So I think I'm going to get the SM7B and the Cloud Lifter.

the Shure sm7b is a better mic anyway, especially with a cloudlifter, I honestly think you will get a far better sound with that setup, it's hard to beat.

the Shure sm7b is a better mic anyway, especially with a cloudlifter, I honestly think you will get a far better sound with that setup, it's hard to beat.

I was going to get the SM 7b to start with but let the sales guy talk me into the Blue........he said it was a better mic. I don't think so.

I'll open it up and look for a loose wire. Thanks for the link and info.

I was going to get the SM 7b to start with but let the sales guy talk me into the Blue........he said it was a better mic. I don't think so.

I'll open it up and look for a loose wire. Thanks for the link and info.

If I had a dollar for every time a music store salesman recommended shitty gear, I'd be able to buy some pretty good gear with it.

Last edited:
The old "Stick to your Guns" thing comes to mind. I've always allowed others to sway my want list...trying to break that habit. :D

The old "Stick to your Guns" thing comes to mind. I've always allowed others to sway my want list...trying to break that habit. :D

I know exactly what you mean.

But being relatively new to recording, I take bad advice sometimes. I'm starting to learn the difference.

Back