my band

I really cant find fault with the mix. I cant find fault with the song either. The performance is where it should be.

Please share your recording path. What soundcard, preamp, and mic are you using.

Did you record those drums yourself? if you did, they are FANTASTIC. If they are a drum machine, which one did you use.

Great Job.

Hey, where is estonia?

wow, great stuff... truly enjoyed it.

sounds like you guys are some pros here.... :)

I listen to flamescape.... great vocals! :)

tell us about the recording... :)

Yikes

Yikes, I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!!!!

What are the seven people in the band doing? With that many people I was expecting a horn section to come in!

Wait! I hear a jaw harp.

"Ya, I play jaw harp for a death metal band."

thanks for the comments

Here is the recording path:
Behringer MX2642 (heheh) > DBX 266XL & Behringer Autocom Compressors > SBBLive (even more heheh, have already ordered the Terratec EWS88MT cann't wait for it to get here...) > Cubase VST 32 > Alesis RA100 > Sansui Speakers

Used AKG C4000B on the vocals and guitar amp.
On the vocals mic was leveled at the nose about 25cm away pointing to the mouth and I used a pop filter.
On the amp the mic was about 20cm away abit off the center of the cone.

AKG D112 on the Bass. No DI, but should have used one :).
Straight in the middle about 10 cm away.

The drums are sampled from a TAMA rockstar and the cymbals are sampeled from our drummers Paiste 802 series using various mics (AKG D112, Shure SM57, AKG C1000). Made a .SF2 of them and sequenced in Cubase. We didn't use live drums because our drummer didn't manage it at that time (too little practicing :)).
We are going to re-record some of the songs again with him playing in the near future.

Used Waves NPP and Blue plugins while mixing.

And for the line-up:
1. Guitars
2. Guitars
3. Male Vocals & Jah' Harp
4. Female Vocals
5. Bass
6. Synth
7. Drums

Thanks,
Keijo

P.S. Estonia is just below Finland.

"Stoner Metal" Does that mean it is from Estonia? :D

I downloaded "Flamescape". You have done a great job. The mood and sound are really good. I love the female backing vocals in contrast with the snarling male lead.

Queue

Cool! A brew of old Celtic Frost, Gwar, maybe something else I cant place. Listening to the second one, I even hear some Black Sabbath. What are your influences?
I hear a tiny bit of some Sepultura in there somewhere, in the vocals... well, I did for a second.
Dig it. I know a dude that would love this shit. What would it take to get a CD?
peace,
Paul

Serious metal sound. Recording and playing is perfect. Mix is on the $$$ as well. Well done.

not my style of music, but it IS very well done.

Musically,I love the aproach!!Dirges are a great form of expression.For me,the vocals are extremely passe'.I've never been able to relate to the growling vocal of "death metal".There
are exceptions.Tom Araya made an art form of it.Jeff Beccara
was cool too.Please don't take this as a diss,'cause it's just my
own taste.Other than the male vox,this is very cool stuff.The
womans vocal was very cool.

Back