My band/project - Datura! (Metal!)

I loved it... Great guitar sounds, tight drums, tight arrangement.... Needs a great vocal though!! :D Thanks, that was really good, you should get more stuff up there on your site...

Thanks man! Really is appreciated!
New stuff will be up very soon.. Just that the news page is down at the moment :-(
Cheers,
James.

Ya fekin Cheater yee! only yokin. It sounds good. wondering if the guitars are virtual also as they sound kinda over produced if you know what i mean.

ecktronic:

Thanks a lot man! Nah, I can assure you the guitars are perfectly legit :D

mtjames:

Thanks too... Much appreciated :)

Not all that bad at all. The only thing that really turned me off was the 80s duel harmonic near the start. Past that there was a drastic lacking of solid palm muting, down strokes and so on...in turn it feels as if the guitars might have been gated to get a sound that could have been more effective if done manually. Guitars also seem to be ran direct, as their lacking some grit.

Drums are ok ( some of the double bass work is nice ), just overall they don't drive or are as connected with the track as they could be.

Outside all that the track is fine, just a bit to standard and predictable for my taste.

Cool thanks for the comments & feedback.

All of the above things are definatley stuff I need to work on. The guitar and drum sounds especially are both factors that need improving.

Cheers for the critique, that's definaltey what I need to keep things improving :)
James.

Im a metal guy but I've lost interest in this style with bands like Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, SHadowsFall and countless others turning it into generic mush. Anyhow you've got some nice playing skills/riffing I just would like to hear it utillized in a setting that grabs my attention a little more.

Thanks man! Yeh I know what you mean, it is a very saturated sub-genre of metal.
I am trying my very hardest to somehow make my music original and stand out in someway to the rest. I know the track i've put up doesn't sound very original, but trust me, I'm trying heh!

Back