MXLV63M or Studio Projects B1

79_Les_Paul

Looking for a little advice on which mic people would choose, I'm leaning toward the B1 but wanted the opinions of anyone who might own one or both of these mics.

thanks.

Be warned that SP threads tend to go to shit around here because of a militant faction ... for more info on the B1 try www.pmiaudio.com/phpBB2/

I've not used either so I can't help, sadly. But what's really important is - what do you want to use it for?

EDIT - Also give the HR Mic FAQ a try.

what type of vocals? male, female, deep, high? I dont know anything about these mics, but people usually need to know these things before they can tell you which one they think is better.

79_Les_Paul said:
Looking for a little advice on which mic people would choose, I'm leaning toward the B1 but wanted the opinions of anyone who might own one or both of these mics.

thanks.
I've never used a Marshall Electronics MXLV63M mic so I con't comment on it... but, I use to own a Studio Projects/797 Audio B1 mic and I didn't like it on vocals.

I use a SP B1 on metal and scream type vocals for demo quality recordings and have gotten good feedback on the results from the vocalists . Never used the other mic.

amra

Back