MXL V69 Mogami

kindofblue

Would anyone have any idea why i'm not getting any signal from the mic? Thepower supply seems to be working well...the tube inside the mic is glowing..could it be the mic cable that comes with the mic? (the 7 pin one)
I didn't drop anything either! Just woke up one morning and she didnt work.

kindofblue said:
Would anyone have any idea why i'm not getting any signal from the mic? Thepower supply seems to be working well...the tube inside the mic is glowing..could it be the mic cable that comes with the mic? (the 7 pin one)
I didn't drop anything either! Just woke up one morning and she didnt work.
I hate it when crap like that happens... I "think" a while back Harvey Gerst had a similar problem with his V69 and sent it back to Marshall Electronics for repair... send Harvey a PM and ask him about it. Good luck and best wishes.

I had the same thing happen to mine after only two uses.
I sent it back and MXL replaced the mic.

Well that's discouraging.

Well this is not good news. I had my eye on this particular tube mic. I've heard favorable things about it.

I just got a MXL V67G. Let's hope it doesn't have the same quality issues. :(

raddo said:
Well this is not good news. I had my eye on this particular tube mic. I've heard favorable things about it.

It's more likely to be quality control at whatever dodgy tube factory made the tube, tubes by their very nature are fragile anyhow, maybe this is latent manifestation of damage caused in transit - you may not have dropped it, but I'd be surprised if the courier didnt

raddo said:

I’ve had my V67G for around 8 weeks now and many uses and so far so good. Maybe it is as paddyponchero suggests.

John

So far so good

Everything's fine so far. It sounds great. I set it up and tested it with my Rode NT1A and the V67G sounded a little "brighter" in comparison.

I'm happy with it.

Bummer, but hey, nobody's perfect - not even the big "N" ;)

MXL will fix it and probably cover the shipping. Give them a call.

Back