mxl v67 skyward or in your face?

theron

Hey,
I've been tracking vox with the v67 and love the intimacy. Is this mic designed to point skyward and sing into the side or should I be facing it's "Physical top" as I track? Yes, I've tried both senarios and like the "in your face" but, I tend to get too much breathing and such. Is this a preferance I should work out with a pop filter or am I just going against the design of the mic and would be better off positioning the top end up? Obviously, I encase a huge load of mic ignorance. Any help would be great.
Thanks for your time.

Theron.

The V67, like most large-capsule condensers, is a side-address mic. Sing into the side that has the lil cardioid symbol on it. See that round thing behind the grille, with the gold disc with the wire attached to the middle of it? That's the capsule. That gold disc is the diaphragm. Sing to it. Also you can try singing 45 degrees off-axis to the capsule as well, working in close with a pop filter.

And yes, use of a pop screen is highly recommended when recording vocals.

HTH

TP

while were at it...does it matter which way I have an SM58 turned around? like, if the pattern is upside down...or, just turn it any way? always wondered that

Back