Mxl 990 Vs Rode K2

hottsauce_21

Hey whats up ya'll? Well its like this, i wanna order the RODE K2 and wanna know if ill be able to HEAR a BIG difference between the QUALITY of that and the OLD mic i recorded with, the MXL 990. I heard the Rode NTK was a good way to go for RAP vocals, SO of course the RODE K2 has got to be better. BUT will i really notice a BIG change??? I have a Voicemaster Pro and a Emu 1212m soundcard, u can check out the quality of my music here

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16725396

please let me know if the quality will be a HUGE change...

That is one of the few mics out there that I can NOT see you being dissapointed with. It's got an astounding dynamic range not requiring any pad. It's bottom end is as tight as a drum, the mids are open and not scooped, the upper end is smoother than the NTK (by design). It will easily rival mics many times it's price. No doubt about it.....it is a winner, and my "go to" vocal mic of choice.

you really dive into some interesting and new lyrical ideas with imagery farther than the normal rap artist.

oh wait..no you don't you just talk about sex.

get some new lyrics, you generic whore that's a shame to the music industry.

cello_pudding said:
you really dive into some interesting and new lyrical ideas with imagery farther than the normal rap artist.

oh wait..no you don't you just talk about sex.

get some new lyrics, you generic whore that's a shame to the music industry.

STFU!!!....

I'm of the opinion that most people in a home recording setting probably don't have the monitoring environment necessary to make decisions any more complex than regular versus decaf. Nor do they have the skill set to properly engineer anything more complex than a birdhouse or mix anything more complex than a cake batter.

With that said, most guys in your situation probably aren't going to hear a major difference between one microphone versus another. Even if there's a sizeable price difference.

But given the fact that you, hottsauce, has a hard enough time distinguishing his asshole from his elbo ... I would say there's almost zero chance of you distinguishing a difference in microphones. So I would have to say no to that one.

studiomaster said:
STFU!!!....

what do you care as long as you're getting payed to record this bs music.

i'm sick of hormones being the deciding factor for what's good music. its not. its feeding a disgusting industry of money grabbing no talents that put the idea into people's heads that its okay to be blatantly rude and disgusting.

can i go up to your daughter and ask her to take of her clothes and rub her butt in my crotch?

its just ridiculous on so many levels.

I don't see how talkin bout SEX would be ashame to the music industry... When thats what alot of rap is now a days, If u wanna hear clean Church music then try Christian Rap.

no. you and all of the people that can't find anything else to write about should stop making music altogether.

and i don't know if you know this, but christians have sex.

there's a million topics out there, pic one that doesn't get beaten to a pulp, by an already pureed genre.

This is the last time i'll say this! 58 for vocal spittin.'
whatsthis.jpg

Peace out!

i Got over 150 Songs and your gonna sit there and run your mouth thinkin i can't write anything but sex music. your probably just mad cuz thats a topic you wouldn't know anything about.

trust me. you are out of your element if you're going to refute. 3 were about sex, one attempted at speaking about love, to which without respect, i don't see how you could dabble in that. the other was babble followed by talking about how much better your lyrics are compared to other rappers.

your art is music. the simplicity of rap is supposed to gear towards your use of rhyme and lyrical content.

and your personal retorts do not have any substance.

hottsauce_21, you've bought your mic, close this thread before it goes on for 20 pages of meaningless pro vs anti rap sentiment.

By the way, on what grounds was the NTK a 'good way to go for RAP vocals'?

back on topic...anyone else find this humorous?

chessrock said:
I'm of the opinion that most people in a home recording setting probably don't have the monitoring environment necessary to make decisions any more complex than regular versus decaf. Nor do they have the skill set to properly engineer anything more complex than a birdhouse or mix anything more complex than a cake batter.

With that said, most guys in your situation probably aren't going to hear a major difference between one microphone versus another. Even if there's a sizeable price difference.

But given the fact that you, hottsauce, has a hard enough time distinguishing his asshole from his elbo ... I would say there's almost zero chance of you distinguishing a difference in microphones. So I would have to say no to that one.

superbeatballer said:
This is the last time i'll say this! 58 for vocal spittin.'
Peace out!

Back