Muzeman Collaboration

boydrj

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on the board in a long time ... sorry for being a loser and posting a new one (well, kind of a new one) and not being out there to listen to all the great stuff going on ... okay, I've cleared my conscious :)

A long time ago, Muzeman and I started a collaboration. Some of you may remember...the song is called Bethsaida and was mostly written by Muze. I helped out with writing the bridge. Muze recorded all the guitars, bass and handled all the vocals (and did a wonderful job I think) and I added drums, some percussion and some keys. Hopefully it turned out alright. If I remember right, Gidge might have helped Muze on this one too (Pete, you'll need to help me remember that one)

Just wanted to give a shout out to Muze who was great to work with, even though I totally lagged (life got in the way)...Glad to finally be done (well, for now anyway) and looking forward to collaborating with you again.

Hope you guys like it:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/theinside/singles

"Bethdaida"

Later :)

hey drj, nice to see ya around these parts again.. hey Pete!

nice collab..

I'm almost hearing some hiss or mp3 artifact or something.. something sounds a bit strange.. also, I think the guitar leads that go on during the vocals are taking a bit away from the vocals.. those cymbals are killing me! :D I would try to change the sound up a bit, or lower them.. That constant crash in the left speaker is distracting to me.. It sounds like there is a blanket of reverb over the whole mix and I'm not crazy about it.. I like the drum performance, but I seem to remember the sound of the mix being a bit better overall.. I don't know.. I like it though.. The additions are cool, it just needs some TLC on the mix.. Who's playing the piano? All the performances sound great.. Did you do this from an mp3?

nice job guys!

I just wanted to say thanks to Rob for doing this,it's been a real pleasure!
His playing really made the song!

And thanks to Buffalo Bob for helping me get started with the song.
He wrote the first verse,and most of the chord changes,really great guy!
Rob wrote the bridge,icing on the cake!:D

The reason this took so long,Rob's Dat broke and had to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair.
They took a while!

Hey Sam,thanks man.
Glad I don't have to retrack anything,been so long I think my voice changed again!:D
I should be o.k. with the acoustics, as long as Chris Harris dosn't catch me!:D

We did it with 320 MP3's.

Rob is playing the piano,really sounds great.
I don't know if wer'e going to remix,Ill leave that up to Rob.
Thanks,
Pete

Last edited:
Nice job guys. Pretty smooth sounding mix. I liked the drums, and wasn't really bothered by the crash, well maybe a little just before the piano solo! Is that a tambourine, or a shaker? Can't quite make it out. I think I would give it a little wider spread in the stereo field though.
Hey, where is Buffalo Bob?

Twist

Thanks!

Thanks Sab -- There might be a little bit of hiss on there. I downloaded Pete's MP3 and then transferred it to my 8-track (analog), added the other tracks, then went back to digital and back to MP3. With all the conversions, it doesn't surprise me about the hiss. Even though I love the MP3 format (in that it makes it easy to trade), you can definitely hear a little bit of quality issues. Thanks for your feedback!

Twist -- Thanks for listening. There is actually a tamborine and a shaker on there, but the shaker is mixed really low, and they both fall out towards the end (kind of ran out of tracks...) Thanks for your feedback! :)

And thanks again to Muzeman! I'll take another listen and see about remixing ... maybe I can get some of that hiss out of there. :)

very nice work guys. yall played good counterrythyms right around that tambourine part and kept it as key rythym, that was cool. I could hear all the instruments well, and the vocals were up and front,

Listening....

Hey, me likey! Nice song, very nice.

Very good collab, sounds like you are in the same room. Cool piano solo.

Very well done:cool:

I have to agree about that crash....very distracting for me....

compared to what was posted a while back, this mix seems very busy...almost like cramming to much one space....

and who took the harmonica out?...bad decision.....

I think if you take the last version that was posted, put in a nice synth pad, and a lighter drum part, it would sound better, but thats all in my head which is a very dangerous place.....

the production as is needs tweaking and more care taken into giving everything its own space.....and put the harmonica back in , for the love of GOD:eek:

good work guys, I love this song....

MIKE

Wow. Nice collab. I loved this tune the first time around and I love it even more now. Great job, guys!

I remember this song. Real pretty. Well executed all around.

It seems there's a double tracked vocal that splits into a two part for a phrase or two and then comes back together. Right? I'd leave the double tracked part alone and add a harmony. Nice harmony parts though.

The lead guitar licks are a little too quiet for me. I've love the riff though - both the tone and the part. Bring that sucker up a bit.

Good job.

Nice tune.Relaxing and thoughtfull.Snare needs more balls and actually the whole kit could use to jump out more except the crash of course.Drums sound lost in the high/mid range,not enough lows.Might be the mp3...This was still a very pleasant piece.Voice sounds right to me.I read mention of harmonica too.Bring that back!I could almost hear it before I read it was taken out.

Back