Musician and Audio Blogger

DHIScott

Hi there,

My Name is Scott, I am the studio Manager at the world renown in Nashville, TN. I am also the featured Blogger for the Dark Horse Institute Blog.

I am also a very active in Home Recording. I have released 2 albums under the name Prelude to a Nightmare.

I'm a huge DIY Guy and actually write a lot about it in our blog. So if you have a blog and a DIY idea, let me know and we can talk!

Look forward to meeting you all!

Hi there,

My Name is Scott, I am the studio Manager at the world renown in Nashville, TN. I am also the featured Blogger for the Dark Horse Institute Blog.

I am also a very active in Home Recording. I have released 2 albums under the name Prelude to a Nightmare.

I'm a huge DIY Guy and actually write a lot about it in our blog. So if you have a blog and a DIY idea, let me know and we can talk!

Look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome to HR.com, Scott. Just took a look at the website and pictures - WOW! Will you adopt me and my wife? ;) SHe's a certified veterinary technician and a vegetarian cook, so can help with the horses and cook for veggie clients, and I'll do anything needed in the studio, groundskeeping, etc. :cool:

Wondering how those tracking and control rooms work, sound-wise. I don't see a lot of sound treatment, and there is a lot of hardwood and glass.

Judging by all the gold records and major artists....I think the sonics must be pretty good in there. :)

I think if you look closley at the pics you will notice trapping built right into entire wall sections.

You're rarely going to see the typical 2'x4' hung bass traps in major studio environments. They're more common in home/project studios and smaller spaces that weren't purpose-built studios from the ground up.

Plus, those are some big/tall rooms....so you don't need as much.

Exactly. In bigger rooms with high ceilings that were built with tracking in mind, you don't need as much, and sometimes any, trapping. Other than that, in most studios that were built with the intention of being studios, most of the treatment is built into the walls.

It is beautiful here, If anyone is ever in the area, let me know, I'll show you around. The Rooms are actually really accurate. Most of the treatments are in the form of Carpet covered panels. The Drum Room in the Lodge has cathedral ceilings and is still incredibly flat. There are 143 windows to be exact, our interns would know! We don't have many problems. with reflection if at all. The Cabin is currently being rented out by a pretty famous producer whom I can't mention, that's why it is off the site. I am currently working on a new site, so it should be a little more, ahem, current.

@mjbphotos come out anytime. we do have 5 black horses, couldn't tell you the breed, but we can always use a vet!

Back