Music score's

SillySillyStacy

I was wondering if any of the good recording programs (cubase cakewalk etc etc) have the ability to show the actual notes that are playing or heaven forbid, TABS LOL
I am just getting all my new hardware in working order and am going to start to try some programs till I get the one I want before I purchase.
I know this is probably a silly question but I am asking anyway....
Thanks

Stacy

As far as I know, these programs generally can do that only for MIDI information. Cubase has a Score Editor for MIDI where you can view and edit the notes on sheet music. I don't know of any software off the top of my head that transcribes audio, though it probably exists. There are programs that will convert single note melodies to MIDI information, but I've never used them.

I almost cringe at recommending this - and I'm not paying any kind of royalty or fee or anything to Manning1 - but pgmusic.com has a product that will let you view your music in standard notation for a reasonable price. Not sure what it's called, but there can't be too many sequencer packages offered on their website...

What is a decent cheap notation software? I'd like to start archiving writen versions of my tunes (TAB and std. notation), and it would be neat to do so other than by hand.

Hmmmm. Seems like I've posted this somewhere before in the recent past...

Now, where was it exactly?

Oh YEAH!

It was in this very thread!

Go here and download PG Music's PowerTracks. It has standard notation and the deeee-luxe version is only $79.00!

Back