Music I don't like, what don't you like??

The 1st Foreigner album was pretty good, for what it was. Lou Gramm had some pipes back in the day. It's a drag he has had so many health struggles, but good he has made it through. I was flipping the channels one day and came upon Lou and his little band(not Foreigner) playing on the ice at a figure skating competition. Yeah, he was kind of struggling, all around sad to see.

We did a show with them once a long time ago. His vocal warmups were unlike anything I've ever heard before or since. That dude could sing!

Total chest voice. Strong. For many time ticks away on that. Gonna pay the price. Steve Walsh of Kansas was another. Towards the end at retirement it was painful to watch(and hear), and that was from where I was sitting rather than where he was standing. Walsh is one of my favorite vocalists of all time. Something about his vowels in that strong chest voice. First saw them live probably '79-'80, had never seen/heard anything like it. Like a trumpet.

The 1st Foreigner album was pretty good, for what it was. Lou Gramm had some pipes back in the day. It's a drag he has had so many health struggles, but good he has made it through. I was flipping the channels one day and came upon Lou and his little band(not Foreigner) playing on the ice at a figure skating competition. Yeah, he was kind of struggling, all around sad to see.

I agree about his singing but the lyrical content was for 17 year olds and I was way past that. I give them kudos for having Jr. Walker do what I believe was his last recorded solo on Urgent. I like to call that genre of R&R, my dick's bigger than your dick R&R

I was about 13 when Foreigner released their 1st album. So for the most part I wasn't much looking for strong lyric content. I was still trying to figure what the fuck John Lennon was talkin' 'bout. Although somewhere in there we played maybe a couple of Foreigner tunes, bands I was in, after that first album and certainly by the time Urgent hit the radio I was done with them. From what I did hear off of Foreigner 4, it was yawnsville. By then, '81 maybe, I was working all the time, when I did play it was mostly acoustic.

Great. While tapping in this stupid post I get a phone call saying my grandson's dad passed away last night/this morning. Poor kid.

Speculation, but through inside channels probably true. Heroin. Which means probably fentanyl. What a waste, and a horrible thing for a kid to wake up in the morning to attempt cpr on his dead dad. And all for what? The kid's had a rough time, particularly through the whole pandemic thing. What a fuckin shame.

Don't be stupid, don't do drugs.

Sorry, not trying to sidetrack the thread. Carry on.

Sorry to hear it, Mick. Unfortunately, this heroin/fentanyl problem is all to common these days. Sucks big time!

Sorry to hear it, Mick. Unfortunately, this heroin/fentanyl problem is all to common these days. Sucks big time!
We lost our oldest son to alcohol and drugs. He passed five years ago. Took him a long time to reach rock bottom but when he did
he went all the way.

We lost our oldest son to alcohol and drugs. He passed five years ago. Took him a long time to reach rock bottom but when he did
he went all the way.

Very sorry to hear that, that's tough.

I deleted a long post. What's to be said, other than..

Please, please, don't do drugs. You're gamblng with your life, and those who love you. You don't know what is in them, you can't know. Don't. Do. Drugs.

Apologies for derailing the thread, I just happened to be here when I got the call

Very sorry to hear that, that's tough.

I deleted a long post. What's to be said, other than..

Please, please, don't do drugs. You're gamblng with your life, and those who love you. You don't know what is in them, you can't know. Don't. Do. Drugs.

Apologies for derailing the thread, I just happened to be here when I got the call
I been smoking weed almost everyday for over fifty years and I haven't found it habit forming?

Back