Music from vocal samples - anyone else using them

rob aylestone

We did this project a few years back - first try of the ethereal vocal stuff = Voice of wind Adey.
Music for video so doesn't need to go anywhere. is anyone else doing this kind of thing. It does take time to find the right bits and pieces for the music, but I like the overall sound.

I've never considered doing anything like that. To use vocal samples, I would more likely employ them as background harmonies. I like the Ooo's and Ahh's in old DooWop type songs.

Have you ever tried to use them for something like the Carpenters Close to You at the end? Vocal chords of that sort?

You know I do.

They have sample databases with all kinds of voices. They sound superb.

Would it be wrong to layer on top of my own...yeah probably.

I used a vocoder with my voice and the Ohhs and Ahs of a MIDI plug in as the source for sound to give me a backing chorus. I thought it worked pretty good. Sang my chorus part with words.

I've got a fiddle sample set - full over little snippets of jigs and reels too - that's very similar in how you mix and match stuff. This one is the fiddle from the sample set - real guitar and double bass, but the other strings and drums are all spitfire and steinberg based.

Back