Museman and Axe Collborate

Axe4Yahweh

A couple of months ago, I had a tune called Red Horse in the Clinic and I did the best that I could do with it with what I had to work with. Museman liked the tune and asked if we could do a collab on it. He told me his ideas for the tune and they lined up perfectly with mine.

Pete went to work on the Rythymn Track and he's doing the Acoustic Guitar, one of the Electric Rythymns, Bass, keyboards and he programmed the drums.

I'm on one Electric Rythymn, the Solos, and Vox.

I think that Pete did an exellent job with the Rythymn Track and I promised a better version of the tune and here it is:

The Red Horse

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1352&alid=-1

Let us know whacha think about the tune and the mix.

Thanks!!!

CR ><>

I love the Vocals. Song is pretty together all around though on my system the bass was too loud and boomed a bit.
The lead playing at 2:28 started off really good but fell apart towards the end. And I even heard some too hot hiss at the end which is very rare for me.

Real good tune

Peace
Bill

wfaraoni said:
I love the Vocals. Song is pretty together all around though on my system the bass was too loud and boomed a bit.
The lead playing at 2:28 started off really good but fell apart towards the end. And I even heard some too hot hiss at the end which is very rare for me.

Real good tune

Peace
Bill
wfaraoni;

Thanks for the listen and comments! Yeah, I agree with the comments on the my long lead solo. I was using my new Line 6 Guitar Port on that one. I set it just like my V-AMP2 that I used on the Intro lead as far as the Gain/EQ/Level and it sounds Fuzzy and does not have alot of sustain whereas the V-AMP2 sounds FAT. It was a quicky and I'll Redo it with the V-AMP2.

The hiss came from the Amp Model and if I use anymore NR on it, it kills it even more. Both are Marshall JCM 800 patches.

Glad ya liked the tune.

CR ><>

nice collab fellas.. muzeman did a great job with his parts.. nice little bass things in there.. I would have liked to hear the acoustic a little better.. I didn't like the ultra high keyboard at the very end because it sounded too fake.. the guitars solos were good in most spots, but had some clams.. The outro solo sound was fine, but there were clams in the performance.. The vocals take some getting used to, but grew on me after a few spins.. I did hear some plosives though.. The vocals could maybe use a bit more compression too..

Enjoyable collab overall.. nice job guys..

yall took this to another level guys. very nice work. I like the way the vocals were captured, the aura is natural sounding. Good pickin, and mixing. I`m on lo-fi so I can`t say much about the sonics.

I'm not crazy about the reverb on the vocal. I'm struggling for a suggested improvement. The solo needs some room ambience to it. Nice Skynard quote at the end of the solo.

Hey axe!

Sounds good,I really had fun doing this.
Collaborations rule!

I guess I went a little crazy with the transpose button on my keyboard!
I'll have to tone it down next time.:D

Looking foward to the next take.

Thanks,
Pete

This sounds pretty damn good. I remember the last version and this is defintely an improvement. The tracking sounds pretty good. I read about some clams here and there...but they aren't terrible. Things flow well enough whrere they aren't too distracting. Well maybe on just one a couple runs at 2:58 and 3:13ish. Still a heck of a lot better than I can do.

There's kind of a strange buzz on some of the cymbal crashes.

That high organ sound kind of hurt my ears at the end. I think it either has to sit back further or go lower.

Mix overall sounds a little right heavy to me. Most of the heavier guitars seem to be sitting over to the right leaving a hole (to my ears anyway) on the left.

This has come a long way and like I said before, I like the song.

Good work guys.

Hey Bros;

Thanks for the replies! I'm taking this all in and I'm working on it!

I appriciate all the comments.

Pete, I think ya did a wonderful job, Bro. I think that Organ at the end sounds very late 60's/early 70's. :cool:

CR ><>

This adds a lot with out changing the heart of the tune. Ya, the ass is a little big but not by too much. There's a funny percussion sound that hit's once in a while, i don't know if it's the mp3 conversion or not, but it's a little distraction. It sounds like a kazoo breaking.

The vocal track is kicks, better than the first. bass is killer. The accoustic sit's real nice in there. I think the electric rythm is panned to far out to the right.

Overall it's a good step up.

Lead guitar tone is better than the first too. Great remix.

Overall a very nice piece of work. I like tone of the vocals. Some good lead guitar work (little goofup at 3:06 though). I don't know if the bass would be too boomy on a good sound system, but on the headphones I was listening on it sounded great. A nicely played part too.

The keyboard part at the end was a little piercing. I didn't think it served much purpose to the song.

I noticed some pitchiness in the vox, particularly at the end of phrases.

Not sure how the acoustic git was miced. It had a slight impression that the mic was too far away. Not real bad though. All in all it was pretty good.

Some harmonies would be nice. I'm thinking a three part going "Ooooo" introduced in the second verse. Just a thought.

Good job.

Hey....cool collab fellas!!
Cool tune too. This was a nice listen..... I second trips bg voc suggestion..... Bg's would fill this up real nice. ....something Kansas'ish maybe:confused: . Re: mix..... Im on the puter at work so take that under consideration. Things are usually extra punchy/middy here. The bass sounded good here... nice and full but i didnt get the boominess that others mentioned. The kick did stick out here though... and sounded very midi. ... very small pointless nit:rolleyes: Nice job by both of you..... this was cool! g:)

Hi fellas...I'm just gonna throw out thoughts as I go if that's OK.

First thing I noticed is the acoustic guitar. I believe it would benefit from a little EQ from the low mids...400-500Hz area. this should give it a bit more separation, especially when the distorted guitar and vocal goes to work in those same frequency ranges.

I like the chord progression.

I think the vocal, while well done, could use some compression. You tend to put heavy emphasis on your first accents. Some compression, maybe around 6:1 ratio would help you find balance I think.

Pretty nice tone on the guitar lead..One of the strings sounds slightly out of tune, but it's not bad. Level is good and I liked a lot of the phrases.

I also like the bass sound. Works for this tune.

I don't like the synth at the end. I wanted to smash it.

I really dug the song. It tells the story well and the performances have a lot of feeling. The sound works well enough, but I would tweak it a bit. I don't know what other suggestions were made, but I'm sure there were some good ones to try.

Nice work guys!

Tom

I like the raspiness im getting in your vox. Good punchy bass. solo tone is well matched.

The vox come in again strong after the solo. Here's what i would do with it. I would make a cut in the track at 2:59 then punch in some new phrases. It seems to me like that's where any of the problem areas were, the rest I though was well done.

..ohh.. on second listen i just got a severe crackle sizzle in opening seconds. It doesn't seem to come back. Very pleasing song overall.

Doug, TripleM, Guernica, Tom, Khompewtur;

Hey guys! Thanks for the listens and especially the encouragement, and suggestions.

:cool: Pete is working on his end with the suggestions and I'll put my .02 worth to it when I get the modified version. :eek:

I appreciate you guys alot! Thanks again!

CR ><>

Nice job guys! Pete, that bass is so great! Very melodic bass line that suits the song well.

The drums sound like they could use a bit of a boost. The singing grew on me by the end of the song.

I'm listening on headphones and it seems almost mixed in mono. I think a bit of seperation may bring out all of the instruments a bit more.

Good job, again!

:)

Axe,
I REALLY like this tune bro! Wish you were just a few miles closer, I may just have to make my way down there sometime anyway!

Peace,
bd

wow

Awesome job...sounds fantastic...it all sounded suberb on my speakers...someone needs to hurry up and make another Young Guns sequel so this can be the theme song!!!!!! Really great tune.

***** I've heard 4 versions of this I think...liked them all. I think this is the better one of the bunch tho:) . Great job!

Back