Muse - Sunburn (cover)

dainbramage

My cousin and I had a recording session the other day and figured we'd record something we both like. He did the vocals and I did the rest. Even though I've got a drum set, these drums are programmed as I can't make that much noise since I live in an apartment. For what it's worth:

Good performances and vocals, thought I heard a pitchy spot but good voice. I'm not familiar with the original, or the style that you are aiming for. For me there are too many instruments competing to be the loudest. A little more space in the mix, with background and foreground, would make it more interesting for me. That's all I've got.

Nice vocal performance. I like it. Not familiar with Muse so don't know how close you're getting. Mix is quite dense but translates pretty well on these little office speakers. Nice job on the drums too - enough variation to make them seem real

Robus and Bulls Hit, thanks for listening. Appreciate it! There is a lot going on at the same time, so I wasn't sure whether or not I should EQ (hi-pass) the drums a bit more making room for the other instruments. I decided not to.

The guitar sounds great. Did you do any tricks to get the vocal to sit in front of the guitar like that? Usually the guitar obscures my vocals. Sorry I guess you're supposed to sort of be learning from us, not the other way around haha. Nice mix.

sounds really good aside from the pitchy vocals and about half of the drum fills. The heavier guitars sound really good, bass too.

Did you do any tricks to get the vocal to sit in front of the guitar like that?

Well the heavy guitar sound is double tracked and panned a little over 60% left and right. I guess that made some room for the vocal track which is almost centered. I did the same thing with the piano but with harder panning (100%). Also I kept the heavy guitars volume relatively low as the bassline does most of the melody during the chorus.

In short: No, not really any special tricks beside the usual.

Thanks for listening everyone!

Back