Munchy

mikemoritz

This is what I think to be the final mix for a band I've been working with for about 4 months called Munchy (on and off heavily with school/work). Anyways, let me know what you think. Song's called Icepick.

Peace and chicken grease,
Mike

punky...

...haven't heard a lot of NOFX... so I'll talk out of my butt and just guess that you sound like them :D You're getting close to that Green Day guitar tone... this sounds a bit like Jamal Buchet's stuff (from this board)...

Drums sound surprisingly good, in comparison to everything... they seem to be the hardest to do right... something about the mix sounds muffled up; just a guess, but the lows in the mix may be a bit heavy... and that would tend to unbalance everything away from the highs... maybe cut everything below 40Hz or 50Hz, and see what that does to the mix... or roll off the lows on guits/voice below about 150Hz... try to bring the cymbals up a touch...

The band is a tad loose, but tighter than many I've heard in the same genre. Thanks for the opportunity to listen, Mike.

Chad

Not much like NOFX.
Good recording, not the tightest playing but that's not your fault.
On projects like this someone needs to take control of quality but that's another post.

I'd spend alot of time with the two guitars soloed toghther and get them out of each others way a bit. There is a bit of boxieness to them. Try making the rythm guitar carry the "meat" of the guitars and the lead or 2nd rythm "cut" a bit more. Not the way to do it, just an idea.

spunky little tune. Id bring up that lead guitar a little, spread the rythym guitar out and back a tad. A little sparkle to the highs on the voice and the drums. Good shot... :)

Re: punky...

participant said:
... this sounds a bit like Jamal Buchet's stuff (from this board)...
I respectfully disagree with Mr. Participant in this regard. First, this tune obviously had a BASS GUITAR. JB, well...you know. Second, the drums sounded pretty damned good on this tune. I know JB's a drummer and all, but let's face it, his drums sounds are...not like this. Third, lyrically...this is miles apart from Mr. Buchet's offerings. I won't say which candidate is in the lead here. ;)

Pretty cool all around. I second the "woofiness" factor. Sounds like that bass and gits are kinda' walking on each other in the lower regions.

Thanks for posting this.
-Nobody

I like the drums. The cymbals splash real nicely. The band does feel a little loose in a spot or two. The lead fills sounded a little low in the mix to me. Overall high marks on the mix.

Back