Multipurpose Headphones?

Lkoz91

Ok so the past 2 pairs of headphones I used were the bose around - ear headphones. They both broke because I use them not only to mix, but also to blast music full volume when I listen to my iPod while playing the drums. I really feel like these are unreliable drums and I may just be playing too loud but this is what I've been doing for quite some time and don't plan to stop when I'm playing along with heavier genres. Can anyone suggest a pair of headphones that are good for both drumming AND mixing that are known to last a while?

Ive been using my sennheisers hd 280 for almost 7 years. I have shure scl2s they are in ear I like them better for drums more isolation.

Unless they're the generic cheap in ear phones like those $10 gummies, I've always had trouble keeping them in my ears. They never fit! I've tried every size with the skull candies and it just doesn't work so I stick with around ears.

Check out Extreme Isolation headphones. http://www.extremeheadphones.com/

They are what I use for live sound. You can listen much quieter in a loud room. They really clamp down on your head. Heck, turn the sound off and you can use them for regular ear protection.

Anyway, perfect for drummers.

Back