MULTIPLE US1800's????

JHREX

First and foremost, thanks in advance for any replies. I've been at it for a while, but never needed more than 16 inputs at once. Well, 16 XLR pre's at least.

I was eyeballing recently and toying with the idea of getting a DM3200 or 16.4.2, and it hit me just this morning that I can accomplish the exact same thing, if not better and cheaper, with multiple US1800's...

I use Reaper and have many VST's the 3200 and Presonus could never touch. On top of that, I have gotten too damn used to DAW's that it sucks when I have to figure out how to jump through a hula-hoop to get more monitor mixes, more busses, or more groups.

I just can't seem to figure out whether the US1800's will run together if I were to get 2 more and connect them to USB on my computer....

Anybody know for sure?

I also searched many different combinations of the subject I am pondering and didn't find much more than people asking if the US1800 could track 16 tracks simultaneously or if it output in 2 channel stereo....

Oh, this is an attempt at a digital mixer for FOH. Having only 16 pre's and 4 mon mixes is normally enough, but occasionally I find that band that needs 18 pre's and upwards of 6 or 7 mon mixes. Maybe this is inefficient in the eyes of some, but I have a track record with my current US1800 that makes me wanna give this a shot. My budget doesn't allow for a DM3200 or even the Presonus 16 or 24 board, but I may be able to squeeze this in if it were to work.

I am aware of latency, so all the digital gizmo's would be within arms reach of the computer therefore getting rid of unnecessary USB length....

Well, jimmys69 answered my question via PM, but just as I suspected, I'm outta luck. Oh well...

Well, my next brilliant idea is using a control surface (DM3200 or the likes) that can double as an interface.

Just seems like there has to be an easier way. I looked into CEntrance also. Anyone ever make that work?

Well, my next brilliant idea is using a control surface (DM3200 or the likes) that can double as an interface.

Just seems like there has to be an easier way. I looked into CEntrance also. Anyone ever make that work?

DM3200 looks pretty sweet. What product from Centrace are you looking at?

CEntrance has some software that I though aggregated stuff... I haven't even downloaded it yet. Not sure that it is what I thought it was. Looking for a work around. A DM3200 may be in my not so distant future. I just wonder if I can use the TDIF's on the back as outputs also. Just in case the 4 assignable sends (monitor mixes?) aren't enough.

Back