Multiple tracks at once

goat_reserves

I'm wondering how I'd go about recording each of my different mics that are being used onto different tracks ( so for the drum the snare is one track, the bass drum is another, ect.) I'm sure its possible, becuase I've seen it done at Waraxe studios. HOpe you can help!

First, put the tracks you want to record on record ready, by clicking on the red r.

Then you gotta assign the right mic to the right channel. When your soundcard is configured on the right way, you can select them by dubbelclicking an icon near the record ready button, but don't ask me how it looks like, don't know that by heart :D

It's all about the soundcard. How many mics, what type of soundcard? How many inputs do you have on your sound card?

Right now my sound cards shiznit. I have a 16 channel mackie I just got ( and a steal too!!) what sound card would be good?

providing the computer has the "umpffh"....a pair of older used 20 bit Layla's will give you your 16 "ins" and run you under $600 if you look around. There might be cheaper solutions, but I don't know them offhand.

mixmkr said:
providing the computer has the "umpffh"....a pair of older used 20 bit Layla's will give you your 16 "ins" and run you under $600 if you look around. There might be cheaper solutions, but I don't know them offhand.

is that jack russel in your avatar? i miss my dog... muttley was his name... damn, no i'm gonna cry... damn u mxmkr and damn u muttley...

Back