MultiMix8 Firewire with MacBook Pro- HELP!

chaimesparker

I'm using a MacBook Pro(5,5) with Logic 9. I just bought a MultiMix8 Firewire. I naively bought a Firewire to USB converter connector, just to find out they only allow the firewire device to draw power from the USB port, not transfer data. :facepalm:

I'm wondering if there is any way I can use the MultiMix with this computer or if I'm at a total loss. Any help would be really appreciated.

I assume the Mac has no firewire port huh? Sorry, not a mac guy. Have you no way to add a firewire port to your Mac?

Again, sorry, not much help here, but I am curious why you purchased a firewire mixer, when you didn't have a firewire port. I sure hope someone didn't tell you that FW to USB thing would work. :(

A former member here, was trying to sell that point, and his gear. He was quickly flogged....

I kinda thought it did, but not being a Mac guy, I wasn't going to say that..

Lol, fair play man. As a mac guy, i'd be very, very, very, ultra surpirsed if any macbook pro from the last 10 years didn't have a firewire port! On the older Macbook whites and then unibodies they did drop the firewire port, but half the point of the "pros" was to keep the firewire.

I naively bought a Firewire to USB converter connector, just to find out they only allow the firewire device to draw power from the USB port, not transfer data.

Glad you got it sorted out.

For future reference, those firewire-to-usb converters are only for cameras and hard drives. They do not work on any audio interfaces.

Back