muddy mr 8

Sorry Dave, we need more information. What kind of instrument are you recording? Are you going directly into the machine or using a microphone? How are you monitoring the signal? If we get this info, I'm sure we can offer some suggestions that may help. :)

how im doig it

guitars and bass into mr 8, vocals and drums into pa system out to recorder, i think too many effects on each track maybe, didnt pan anything or the guitar tracks either, would it help to only add effects when mixing down, mix seems muddy , the instruments dont stand out, kind of a pumping going on at the beginning, kind of in and out. All tracks seem pretty good until i mix down to a tape, (no cd burner yet)

Panning and EQ will do wonders for muddiness.....I wouldnt track with effects either....might sound good going to tape but once it's recorded it'll probably be overkill and problematic to the mix as a whole....I would only add effects at mixdown as a general rule.

I suspect that most of your problems right now stemn from the fact that nothing has been panned or EQ's....you gotta pan and eq to place instruments in their "own space' in the stereo field.

panning and eq

is there a way to eq with the mr 8 , if not i have two 31 band eq's on my pa system, but they are at the end of the line between poweramps and mixer, post fader. also old peavey unity series have no outs except the tape out(post fader), can i hook one of them up someway to eq each track?

Just so you'll know. This may not apply to what is making your sound muddy. My experience is that if you use the "tube" setting on the mic simulation with a dynamic mic you get a muddy sound.

Back