much a buzz about nothing

audioidkid

hey all,
here are some songs that a couple of friends and i created. we used PA9 through an aardvark 24/96. the guitars were recorded with a shure sm57, the vox through an akg c200b condensor. everything else was recorded direct (bass, keys, drums, etc..). the drums were all programmed using a roland xp30 and a yamaha djx for the drum sounds. this batch of songs is our first cluster and we're pretty damn proud of them. i hope you can find something positive in them as well.

good luck with your own efforts and thanks for listening...

www.mp3.com/the_nerve_session

i look forward to reading your thoughts.

audioidkid.

Sorry man.

mp3.com is a MAJOR pain in the ass. I've been there for almost an hour trying to get my password back... and now it wants me to enter a fucking NICKNAME?? (required??) Idiots.

Anyway man... I'm d/ling your song finally... (BURN)

Nice super-compressed, trashy guitar sound. Reminds me of Henry Rollins some... KMFDM some...

My speakers are junk, and the room is just a carpeted basement room, so take the salt grains.... recording holds up pretty well on 'em. Vocals are nice and clear.

Nice use of near-harmonies with the vocs there... good energy. Nice download.

I listened to the nerve age and had to stop. I actually couldn't bear the guitar sound. If that was your intention, and it sounds like it was, then you did a good job. Everything else sounds pretty good. The vocal sound is here and there. Sometimes it just doesn't fit, too dry or something. This isn't really my thing so I'll shut up now. On the whole it sounds like you pretty well captured what you tried to do.

Hi,

Some thoughts while listening

- Love the intro, gtr sound is cool, dist. drums work. Whistle is cool
- Build into dist. gtrs is nice.
- I would put the "screech" guitar further back as a pad to make more of the drum and bass work.
- Vocals sound like they are in a different acoustic space to the band
- Harmonies are nice
- I like the dist. vox.

Well done.

:) Q.

Back