MT drummer editing question

mcmac74

Hi

I have laid down a full drum track and know how to go into each section to edit individual beats etc. Is there a way to make a single edit on say a snare that will be applied to the whole song. Eg...I want to reduce velocity of the snare by 50% but going into each snare hit one by one will take me forever. I'm using reaper .

Thanks
Mark

Spantini's solution is the most elegant - but when I'm faced with this kind of thing and there is NOT that option in a synth or sampler, in Cubase, I duplicate the track, and then in the editor just dump all the notes above and below by reducing the song to a screen's width and just drawing a box around it from say the E down, and hit delete then the E above and deleting that. I then remove that E in the other copy of the track, so I have just the snare 'extricated' - there are other very DAW individual ways to do the same thing - but the copy and delete is quickest for things like this. Reaper I'm assuming is pretty similar in basic event editing

Right click the Piano Note of the snare to select all the snare notes at once in the Piano Roll with your mouse. Then lower all of their velocities.

Are you referring to MT Power Drum Kit? Open the kit's mixer and lower the snare's fader.
But I'm guessing that wouldn't work if I'd already dragged the parts from MT drummer into the song? ...or would it 🤔
Right click the Piano Note of the snare to select all the snare notes at once in the Piano Roll with your mouse. Then lower all of their velocities.
Ok, that sounds workable...There are about twenty sections I've dragged in so wouldn't be too time consuming.

Thanks fellas

Also, if you're not concerned with keeping the MIDI files as separate "sections" you can always select all of them that you've dragged in and "Glue" them to be one long MIDI file that you can then Right Click the Snare note on the Piano in the Piano Roll and edit them all from one MIDI Editor instead of having to do it 20 times. ;)

If your track's snare is still using MT to make the snare sound it will work.
Also, if you're not concerned with keeping the MIDI files as separate "sections" you can always select all of them that you've dragged in and "Glue" them to be one long MIDI file that you can then Right Click the Snare note on the Piano in the Piano Roll and edit them all from one MIDI Editor instead of having to do it 20 times. ;)
Thats perfect on both counts...thanks for the help 👍

Back