Msr 24

BRDTS

Found a guy with an atr80-24 in great shape and Montebello can do a couple of things I need done on it.

To swing it, I'm going to sell the msr24. Mine's the one with dbx. Sorta out of the loop on this and I don't see many out there.. except broken down for parts.

For a quick sale (I hope), I was thinking of advertising it for $750 since it only has about 8 hours on it, and is basically pristine like when I bought it new.

You guys think that's a reasonable price ?

Yeah, empty reel, full manual/schematics. Spose I should include some tape too since it'll probably be for a newbie starting out.

She's a leetel beauty... I remember when they were $15000 (in 1988 or whatever) and I thought. geez, they're sexy looking and sound great but man, that price (which was the same price I paid for my 8516s). When Tascam did the 1995 Black Monday blowout for $5000, I just couldn't resist. If I'd known that I was only gonna use it 5 or 6 times, I probably woulda held off back then.

But oh well, someone's gonna be very happy with this one ... that is if anyone's still buying these.

That is low for a like-new machine. I paid $1,200 last year for one with similar hours from an ex-Tascam guy in Fullerton, and figured I had got a fair deal.

If you still have the original sturdy box and are prepared to ship it, then a grand would be a good minimum, but you will have to wait for your buyer.

Not many people want these nowadays of course. I bought mine so I could cover that format for my transfer company.

Good luck!

David Ollard
Thin Brown Line
Multitrack Analog to Digital Transfers - Reel to Reel Tape Transfer - Audio Tape Transfer to Wave Files for Pro Tools and other DAW - Digitize Open Reel Tapes - Thin Brown Line

Damn that's a good price and I could store it at my cousin's until I could pick it up and ship it. I did that with a MSR-16. 1" is a step up I'm not sure I'm ready to do just yet, but damn it's tempting...

Update- The msr24 is off to its new home. Had no idea it would sell that fast !! Guy drove an hour to come and get it.

With that working out so well, I'm going to also sell my beloved 85-16b and the little TSR8 too. That'll get me down to only one machine (the new 2") which will be a first for me.

Back