Msh10 mp3

funckyfinger

Well as promised in another thread I could not find, I'm posting an mp3 of my new msh10.

That's the dry recording. D18V-strereo msh10-DMP3 -TascamUSS122(pre's bypassed).All I can right now is I'm am very surprised how well it turned out. I'll chat more later but I want to go play a bit more.

msh 10 .. small diaphragm mics?

I'm unfamiliar with the mics but I like the sound you captured. Overall the dry mix seemed pretty bright to me but then again I might be being misled by the higher pitched song. I like the strumming sound it picked up. Don't know much about mics but I'm just trying to say what I heard in the recording. In conclusion , I think it sounds good.

wow! these sound great. i'm excited to get my pair now! they sound very intricate and accurately reproduce the low end as well. and your guitar playing is beautiful to boot! this recording makes me positive i want the omni versions over the cardiod versions because the characteristics of the omni do really stand out in this recording. i cant wait to use them on overheads and now my acoustic as well! you should send these samples to naiant studios to put up on their mp3 sample section.

-surf

I capo at the third fret so it is a little high and the guitar is a little bright. These mics are dirt cheap.$44 for a matched set.The guy that makes them frequents this forum so I'm sure he'll give you more info. Naiant Studio is where their made. I'm sure a search will turn up more info.

Can anyone do a soundclip with some other sdc's to compare these to. I know it won't be scientific but it would be interesting to see how these stack up against some mxl 603's or even something like an sm81. I want to buy a pair but with all the sdc's I own currently I'd hate to get something that sounds alot like what I already have.

I try to avoid threads about my mics, but:

Please nobody buy the 1Cs for use on acoustic guitar. They will sound horrible and you will hate me :(

Carry on . . .

Back