MRS-1044 USB card Q's

Blooz

Guys,

I am thinking about buying a USB card for my MRS-1044. I have a few questions if anyone can answer them....

1. Can I transfer note for note drum/bass tracks via the USB in .mid form for editing on midi software ?

2. Can I transfer .mid chords and bass tracks from any midi software back into the MRS-1044 via USB ?

3. Are there any MRS-1044 specific software available that allows one to compose MIDI tracks e.g. drums and bass with all the MRS settings , on my PC then transfer them back to the MRS .... (I find the MRS-1044 to be cumbersome and time-consuming to program patterns for bass and drums .......does anybody disagree ???)

Thanks for your help guys ! :)

I do not think that the USB card will allow you to either export or import files in .mid format.

The USB card allows you to back up your projects in their proprietary format to PC, and allows you to re-import them as projects into the MRS in case you decide you want to work on them further. It also allows you to reset the MRS to factory defaults.

There IS a utility that will let you save any v-track to your computer as a .wav file or import any .wav file to your computer as a v-track.

Having said all that, I hear there is an OS upgrade for the MRS that adds additional functionality. However, this is apparently only available at the Japaneese site, and my browser crashes when I try to go there, so I don't have the upgrade yet. Not sure if it handles .midi directly.

I agree that programming drums and bass can be tedious. As a guitarist with no drumming skills, I go ahead and program the drums. But, it is FAR easier for me to just pick up a bass to record a track than try to program the bass!

Back