MR8HD question

aceteleman

I just bought a new Fostex MR8HD and my question is this:

I can't seem to dump individual tracks to my computer without first sending them to 5/6 or 7/8 to convert to a stereo track. The manual says nothing about how to do this, at least not that I can find.

I want to be able to get each track seperate so I can do mixing with my Cakewalk Sonar.

If anyone has an answer for this feel free to email me direct at aceteleman77@yahoo.com as I don't always have time to come back here to check for responses...

Thanks in advance
Lee - The Teleman

I just bought a new Fostex MR8HD and my question is this:

I can't seem to dump individual tracks to my computer without first sending them to 5/6 or 7/8 to convert to a stereo track. The manual says nothing about how to do this, at least not that I can find.

I want to be able to get each track seperate so I can do mixing with my Cakewalk Sonar.

If anyone has an answer for this feel free to email me direct at aceteleman77@yahoo.com as I don't always have time to come back here to check for responses...

Thanks in advance
Lee - The Teleman
Have you gone to the Fostex site to download WavManager yet? This program will help your PC recognize all tracks, 1 thru 4, as well as 5/6 and 7/8. I've had no problems with shipping each track to the PC for mix-down. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help

I got another email direct from another forum member and he told me the same thing so it's on my agenda to do immediately... Thanks again for your help and response....

The Teleman

Just call me stupid

One more question about the MR8HD. I thought I had deleted the things that I no longer needed off the hard drive but upon opening it to transfer some new tracks to my computer I found that everything I've done so far is still there. How the heck to I clear all this stuff???

Also, according to the book when I mix tracks from track 1 & 2 down to 5/6 I should find the .wav files in the 2Mix folder, WRONG, when I open these folders they are all empty. All the tracks are under the song title, duplicated and some, when I attempt to open them, say they are corrupted.

Help me out here.... Thanks

Hi

Im having similar nightmares with this, the only thing I do know is that the mix has to be put on 7/8 to convert to a wav file for sending via 2mix. Hope this helps, please read my request if you can help!Please!

Back