MR8 Freeing up space?

markophonic

HELP! Is it possible to record trks 1-4 bounce to 5-6...delete/undo? 1-4 record more trks 1-4 and bounce all to 7-8???

I guess what i'm asking is there a way to gain space back on the card?

I son't totally undertsand the undo/redo function very well...obviously!

You got it figured out pretty good!
the next step is to go to delete unused, and that should free up more space.

WHat you are asking is possible and reccomended, but be warned that with the included 128MB card, I have hit a few snags when trying to bouce 4 tracks to 5 and 6 etc. I usually run out of time. Remember that boucing 4 tracks to 2 more will still at some point take up 6 tracks of space until you delete traks 1 through 4. Sometimes I can'd t do that. The undo delete is a great way to free that crucial extra minute or 2 that you will need to finish your song:)

clif

Should I delete trks 1-4 immediately after bouncing to 5-6....and this will give me a little extra time on the card?

Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
If you are working with a computer, you can save those tracks to your hard drive before deleting. That way you really have limitless tracks that can be mixed together with a PC audio program.

For example, you could save off the four tracks you are mixing, delete those, record four more, copy those to a PC where you can mix all eight tracks into a new stereo wav, import that to tracks 5/6 and record four more tracks against that backing, etc. The great part is that you don't lose anything. The MR-8 is the only recorder in this class that offers that kind of flexibility.

Back