Mr Baritone - David Bowie cover

That was pretty good. Your vocals are bit over the top/dramatic. At the 1:35 mark the vocals are odd...not sure if that's pitch or what happened there.
The beat feels a bit lagging, too. I think you played it a few bpm too slow.

Why is someone who is asking if they can sing using a $3000 microphone?

I don't understand this.

1 OP made no mention of the mike until asked later.

2 OP did not ask whether he could sing or not.

'Advice' may mean singing. And may mean some other aspect of recording.

Hey guys!

I use this microphone because it goes well with my voice (and I like the sound) . I'm not a novice/beginner singer.

andrushkiwt, I did not ask if I should sing or not. I was talking more about technical advice on the recording (and vocal technique) , but also I was curious what people will write about this performance.

Cheers :)

2 OP did not ask whether he could sing or not.

'Advice' may mean singing. And may mean some other aspect of recording.

This is posted in the "can I sing" sub forum, which was created a couple months ago after much hassle. I was going to say I misunderstood, but I don't think I did. Posting here suggests vocal comments. People don't typically ask if they can sing using one of the most expensive microphones around.

Just to clear that up

This is posted in the "can I sing" sub forum, which was created a couple months ago after much hassle. I was going to say I misunderstood, but I don't think I did. Posting here suggests vocal comments. People don't typically ask if they can sing using one of the most expensive microphones around.

Just to clear that up

I'll continue with my numbered points, shall I?

1 It is not unknown for new members to post in odd forums. We don't need to assume too much from where something is posted.

2 It is always safest to deal with a request on face value, rather than making assumptions.

OP's question was "any advice?" The obvious and first response is a clarifying question: "What would you like advice about?" Stuff about how expensive a mike is has no relevance until further context is given.

I'll continue with my numbered points, shall I?

1 It is not unknown for new members to post in odd forums. We don't need to assume too much from where something is posted.

2 It is always safest to deal with a request on face value, rather than making assumptions.

OP's question was "any advice?" The obvious and first response is a clarifying question: "What would you like advice about?" Stuff about how expensive a mike is has no relevance until further context is given.

Again,

1. "can i sing" subforum
2. "any advice?"

logic is out the window here for some reason. not sure what's up with that. adios!

Maybe you should give him advice on his singing and not worry about his microphone.

Maybe you should give him advice on his singing and not worry about his microphone.

I am worried about it. It's illogical to spend $3000 on a mic and then post in a "can i sing" section. i don't see it any other way, and i'm just not seeing what you are. I'll back out of this thread. later

Back