MR-8/Mac OS X users! What do you use to mix down your files once they are on desktop

zenpeace69

I am new to MACS and new to MR-8 so i am fairly clueless. I want to be able to easily mix and edit my files once I have them on my desktop/hardrive of my G4...

What are you using and where can I get it?

Is there any freeware that works well. I am poor as well as cheap. It's a tough combination when you want to be a musician who records music.

thanks

macs

thats funny cuz im a mac guy(i do computer graphics for a living ), and i bought a cheap pc just to use n trac in conjunction with my mr 8. do a searce for multi tracking software for mac and you will find lots of options, just has to be able to import .wav files im pretty sure. They have some a mf also, dont know of anything thats free that is any good, n track was 49.00 for pc though. you will need the wav manager from fostex websie also

Hello,

I don't believe there are any useful shareware options for OS X. I use Apple's SoundTrack to polish recordings from my VF80. You could use it to import the .WAV files from your MR8 as well. I think you'll be quite satisfied with the commercial options available. If you feel adventurous, you can always run Pro Tools Free in classic mode. However, this is a pretty unstable way to go.

-sV

Hello Mac Users,

I think it´s no good idea to buy a Win-PC only to use an sound-editor. I use AUDACITY to edit my files transfered from the MR-8 on a MAC. AUDACITY is free, compact and easy to use -- even for beginners. It also can convert a lot of audio-formats, also MP3 with the LAME Lib.
AUDACITY is available for MAC, Win, LINUX and as sourcecode, so you can port it to almost any plattform.
I hope this info is useful for anyone.

Happy mixing.

Tom

Back