MPX100 midi help needed...

bullyhill

I'm losing my mind and need some help/advice setting up my mpx100 with my midi controller. The controller is a Peavy pfc10, preamp is a Triaxis. They are conected via 5 pin cable: controller out to pre in, pre thru to fx in. I'm able to communicate between devices without a hitch and able to store program changes. I can't store changes to other parameters such as mix wet/dry, fx level balance, output. I will program an effect, press store, switch to user, select ch1, then store. I will do the same for ch2 with a different wet dry setting. I then keep it in user mode switch between the two with the controller and the basic programs I set in the mpx will stick but the mix won't. I'm terrible with midi and have read the manual many a time, it's so foriegn. Is this not able to be done or should I be using the learn mode(which I can't grasp) some help would be much appreciated.

thx bhill :confused:

My guess is that the FX unit will not let Wet/Dry be a stored part of the patch. You have to determine a few things first.

Will the FX unit accept Wet/Dry as a patch parameter or midi command?

If so what is the channel and midi control message to control wet/dry?

Will your controller send that command?

Back