mpc or mv8800

kcearl

I see deaf people
i cant decide...i looking at an mpc1000 but the mv offers so much for the same price but timing? whats that all about

anyone with experience of both?

I have had an MPC 1000 and 2000Xl and MV-8000 and 8800. I am buying an MPC 4000 in 2 weeks. Do I need to say more? Oh, I have also owned Native Instruments Maschine. I will tell you that the MV has a great UI (user interface) meaning it's, IMO easier to get started and get things done quickly and if you aren't in to "advanced sampling" then I would recommend the MV. The MV also gives you alot of features in comparison. Though I will say, hopefully without sparking the endless debate, out of the box the mpc has it's "swing", the MV just has to be set in the menu to do so but definitely can have the same "swing". I assume that is what you meant by timing? However, again IMO the only mpcs worth buying are the new (black) 1000, 2000xl, and 4000. The 60 and 3000 are great if you have the other gear to compensate for what they lack. And there is always preference. Between the 1000 and the MV I would recommend the MV. The only mpc I would recommend over the mv would be the 4000 and that is if you already have a DAW, which is why I am buying it as a compliment to my DAW and Kontakt 5.

thanks man...i went with machine just now, it seems like it will integrate with my workflow better, got the expansion packs too so should have plenty to play with...Ill get an MPC to run along side it when i get a bit more room, I see they are different enough to own both and I just didnt fancy the 1000 (or the 500) and the others are a bit pricey (pluis I can bus power maschine when traveling)

the only problem I had with the MV...is it actually does too much, Id hook it up to a monitor then the portability would be gone... and the timing issues were comments saying its BPM wasnt accurate?? I came across people mentioning this online a few times???

one other thing...is there a problem with the blue 1k pads? why are they a couple of hundred bucks cheaper?

Dudes. I have a Maschine and I love it. (I need to get my free expansions still though).
I'm relatively new to them but I've had a new fascination with "groove machines" lately.
I'm enjoying learning about the equipment and integrating it with the more traditional sounds.
Just wondering if there would be any point in adding an MPC 500 to the setup? As far as what sort of things would be possible with the two together and how exactly they differ.
I googled "mpc maschine" and was directed to gearslutz (that a bad word here?). seems like they were just bitching at their OP's about asking the question and not really answering it.

one other thing...is there a problem with the blue 1k pads? why are they a couple of hundred bucks cheaper?

I think I remember reading that the pads were older, and depending on what I read, they were either fine and no problem or messed up and not working. weird to read about something so 50/50.

Dudes. I have a Maschine and I love it. (I need to get my free expansions still though).
I'm relatively new to them but I've had a new fascination with "groove machines" lately.
I'm enjoying learning about the equipment and integrating it with the more traditional sounds.
Just wondering if there would be any point in adding an MPC 500 to the setup? As far as what sort of things would be possible with the two together and how exactly they differ.
I googled "mpc maschine" and was directed to gearslutz (that a bad word here?). seems like they were just bitching at their OP's about asking the question and not really answering it.

an mpc 500?

unless you want a toy to muck about on the go then no

i think an mpc can run alongside maschine quite comfortably...part of the problem with the arguments on gearslutz is people think the NI controller and software is some kind of replacement, its not the impression Im getting..i think ill still buy an MPC in the future as much as I have hardware synths, midi controllers, and software synths...all different flavours adding something to the creative flow

but it'll either be one of the larger ones, a 4k or something, or one of the classics just for retro fun...the 500 just doesnt seem to be worthwhile at all...the screen is so basic it'll mean even more menus than productivity...maybe the 1000, but that quality issue raises its head..I know they were bought out by Numark but like yiou said something so 50/50 like the blue's pads hardly instills confidence

btw Id say the true school expansion is the best one out of the three...some excellent samples in there

The blue 1000's were the first produced. They have "cork" pads that can be installed in all the 1000's due to pads and sensors wearing out. The first ones may have had issues. I used to hava a blue 1000. Got rid of it immediately after learning it had NO reverse function. Not sure if that was fixed in an update or not or if it was just fixed by the new 1000's coming out. That is a sign to stay away from the blue ones. I actually had my 2000xl at the time I had my maschine and found I didn't use the mpc because everything was already there for me in the pc with maschine. I just didn't care for the overall feel of maschine and the software really wasn't my thing, it still felt like a controller to me. But i'm sure people swear by it, it's whatever you prefer. The MV can def do alot, it is a full fledged sampler. You're right it's not super portable like maschine or a 1000. Maschine did come with a great library.And is now a full fledged daw and can run vsts right? I think you made a good choice. Glad you're happy, in the end that's all that really maters.

Back