MPC Help

just

I just bought a MPC. Can anybody help me with these two things.

1 I know how to sample but how do I sequence that sample on one of my tracks?

2. How do I use my keyboard as input for a track in the MPC while a drum track is playing? (I've got a Roland XP-10)

What you do is seltect the pad you want it on than you just do it. You can get further in it when you use program. Any more Q'z??

1 down....

OK I think I got the sampling part. When I try to record from my XP-10 to a track on my MPC I get a message saying"Waiting for MIDI 'Play'".

What am I doing wrong?

this happend to me back in tha day, dont remember what the problem was make sure you are midi out your mpc to the xp and out xp to mpc(or the other way). Do you get a sound when you play? when you have it on Midi 1A (not Drum off) try playing with midi on your xp settings. let me know what happen

Re: 1 down....

just said:
OK I think I got the sampling part. When I try to record from my XP-10 to a track on my MPC I get a message saying"Waiting for MIDI 'Play'".

What am I doing wrong?

That message on your MPC means that your MPC is currently "slaved" to another MIDI sequencer and it's waiting for that sequencer to start playback.

You need to check your MIDI settings and make sure that your MIDI clock source is set to "internal".

you should not mess with any of the midi settings right now you dont need them yet. Just leave them the way they are. The only midi change that i make is changing the drum to Midi A

Back