MPC 2000xl help!

poteezy

Can anyone offer some sampling and chopping tips......I'm not good at it, but I really want to get it down and master the craft.

You may want to check out the MPC forums loads of knowledge about the machines over there.

As far as sampling goes I usually chop the samples up in the comupter then load them into the mpc. I have a 1000 though so it may be a little differant for you.

poteezy said:
What computer program do you use to chop up your samples? And how is that done?

I use Soundforge...

Just import the file click on the scissors and cut where you want. then import those sounds into the MPC through the USB cable assigne the samples to differant pads and you are done.

2000xl

ive got mad zip disk for the mpc 2000xl, i have a 1000 which in my view is the superior of the 2, u r not gonna use the xl with a pc, without a damn headache, if at all for use with a pc the 1000 is the sh*t.

I don't have any usefull info but I do want to say jump in head first and don't come out untill you understand something. Do that every day and you will be surprise how far you go. Alot of times you won't understand untill you just get in there and figure it out. (but a little help never hurts)

Akai # ask for tech support. but you got to know what to ask 401 658 4032

smashngrab said:
ive got mad zip disk for the mpc 2000xl, i have a 1000 which in my view is the superior of the 2, u r not gonna use the xl with a pc, without a damn headache, if at all for use with a pc the 1000 is the sh*t.

not true at all, he can use the xl with computer. If you get the mpc editor from midi case you can make your own pgms and pop them right in the mpc. also he can sync the xl to his pc and rec. program

smashngrab said:
but like i said its a headache, the 1000 is designed for pc use, however the 2000 is better for chopping samples
Yo, you should have got the xl with the smart card. I got the 512mb and it holds a gang of material. The zip disk make the 2000 seem like to much of a chore.

Back